Saturday, December 20, 2008

Caroline is 3!


Caroline just turned 3! That's an exciting birthday for any child but it is an especially important birthday for Caroline. She will now transition from early intervention services into the school system for her therapy. So this week we have been saying good bye to all of the therapists that have been coming into our home for the last few years. All of these wonderful friends will now disappear out of Caroline's schedule. (Yes, Mom is a little traumatized.) But we are grateful for the contribution they have made to Caroline's development and now we look forward to working with a new group of wonderful teachers and therapists. We had Caroline's IEP meeting with the school on December 10th and it went well. She has a great team that will be working for her and we are looking forward to a new beginning. When the boys go back to school in January, she will start as well. All three will be at the same school, although Caroline's day will be much shorter. She will go to school four days a week from 8:30 to 11:30.

5 comments:

Marci said...

Hoooray! Caroline is 3 and as sweet as can be! now I can keep updated on your blog. I'm excited to hear more about the goings on. Love your house, it is beautiful...wish we were neighbors. I'd bring you over some banana bread like the old days...oh, wait, that was you bringing me banana bread. At least now I know how to cook. with love, marci

Heidi said...

Hey Catherine - my good friend and fun roommate! It's so good to hear from you! I'm excited that you have a blog too -- I love it, but need to update it a little more frequently. I loved your Christmas picture - thanks! You have such a beautiful family. I hope you are doing well! Sounds like life is very busy for you. Your new home is gorgeous! We'll have to call on you if we're ever near TN. We're still in WA and loving it, especially the rare experience of having snow recently, although it shut things down literally -- school, stores, garbage pickup, church, etc. Fun though. I'm excited to keep tabs on you this way! Do you use facebook as well? You'll have to look me up there as well. Love, Heidi

Tadd & Linda said...

We were so excited to get your Christmas card, and to hear that you're all doing so well. I had forgotten that you and Heidi had been roomates - crazy - such a small world! We've been keeping up with her blog also, and I'm glad we'll be able to keep up with you all too. What a very cute family you have. I can't believe how big the boys are getting. Hopefully we'll be moving soon, and we'll have to get together. See ya!y

The Newey Fam said...

Happy birthday to Caroline! I forget that she and Ava are only days apart! It was so good to get your Christmas card and to see your beautiful family. Everyone is getting so big! Congrats on selling your home and buying such a lovely looking one! Wish we were closer so we could visit! Your life sounds very full and very busy! Hope you are getting the new year off to a great start! So glad you are blogging...it will be a great way to keep in touch with you! Love, Kelly

Megan Conrad said...

How cute is this picture! :)